So on ameliaearhart’s tumblr I just saw that picture again of Mira Furlan in the pink dress having her pregnant belly petted by Peter Jurasik among others, and the post in question had a comment on how heartbreaking it is to imagine that Londo never got to do this with Delenn and how adorably grumpy he would have acted over it, and now I just want to curl up and cry.
ALSO I NOW WANT FIC WHERE EMPEROR LONDO SOMEHOW MEETS DELENN AGAIN AFTER “OBJECTS AT REST” AT A TIME WHERE SHE’S MORE VISIBLY PREGNANT AND SHE TAKES HIS HAND AND LETS HIM FEEL WEE BABY DAVID AND IT HITS HIM SO HARD HE ALMOST LOSES IT RIGHT THERE BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE AND BEAUTIFUL.
I’m bored and can’t sleep so
I really need to watch this show again!
You should probably just stop what you’re doing and go watch it right now.
If you go to Z’ Ha’ Dum you will die…
my favourite genre is space queers
asked: "So how about B5? :-)"
- Favorite Male Character: It’s a tie between G’Kar, Vir, Londo, and Kosh (I refuse to choose just one of them).
- Favorite Female Character: Tie between Ivanova, Delenn, and Lyta.
- Least Favorite Character: Ulkesh.
- Favorite Ship: Talia/Ivanova and Ivanova/Delenn.
- Favorite Friendship: ALL OF THEM. But to list some specific examples (no I am not going to choose just one), space BFFs Sheridan and Ivanova, Londo and G’Kar (which is sort of awkwardly sitting between and platonic ship and a romantic ship for me, but either way, their relationship is amazing), Ivanova and Delenn (which I also ship romantically post Sleeping in Light but their friendship before then is wonderful too), Londo and Vir, and Sheridan and Kosh.
- Favorite Quote: Either “I’d like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike, as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come at too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes, and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?” or “Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.” or “Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future, or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have to care for one another, because if we don’t, who will? And that sometimes true strength comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think that is gave us hope, that there can always be new beginnings … even for people like us.”
- Worst Character Death (if any): Assuming “worst”, in this case, means “most heartbreaking” and not “worst written”, then Kosh’s death. It was one of the most, if not the most, heartbreaking character deaths I’ve ever seen, and … well, you all saw me crying about it yesterday when I was liveblogging Interludes and Examinations.
- This made me so happy you have no idea moment: Lots. When Vir got his wish, when Ivanova said that she loved Talia (which was also heartbreaking), when I realized that Ivanova and Talia were actually together in Divided Loyalties and I wasn’t just imagining things, when Delenn showed up in Severed Dreams to save the day, when I realized in Walkabout that part of Kosh was still alive, when Delenn and Sheridan kissed for the first time, when it was revealed that Sinclair was Valen and everything suddenly fell into place so perfectly. And probably a lot of other moments that I can’t think of right now.
- Saddest Moment: THE ENTIRE FUCKING SHOW. If I had to choose just one moment, then the flashbacks of Londo’s life in The Fall of Centauri Prime, and the scene were Babylon 5 is destroyed in Sleeping in Light (okay fine that’s two I am bad at choosing just one thing). All of Sleeping in Light and The Fall of Centauri Prime, really. And also when Talia died, and when Kosh died, and Z’ha’dum, and when Ivanova was fatally injured, and when Marcus died. AND DID I MENTION SLEEPING IN LIGHT.
- Favorite Location: The Babylon 5 station.
"This is Captain John Sheridan. We are here on the authority of a multi-planetary force, that can no longer stand by and watch one of their greatest allies falling into darkness and despair. We are here on behalf of the thousands of civilians murdered under orders from the current administration, who have no one else to speak for them, and on behalf of the EarthForce units that have joined us to oppose the tyranny that has darkened Earth, ever since President Santiago was assassinated three years ago. We are here to place President Clark under arrest, to disband Nightwatch, and return our government to the hands of her people. We know that many in the government have wanted to act, but have been intimidated by threats of retaliation against your families, your friends. You are not alone anymore. We call upon you to rise up and do what’s right! We have drawn their forces away from Earth and disabled them. The time to act is now! This is not the voice of treason. These are your sons, your daughters, whose loyalties have never wavered, whose beliefs in this alliance has [sic] forced us to take extraordinary means! For justice, for peace, for the future…we have come home!"
Commander Sinclair’s job description is basically keeping all the various ambassadors from killing somebody or each other.
The death of Kosh Naranek.